Requests for Pictures
So here at WeirdCA we can always use more pictures and sadly can't get everywhere. Also older historical pictures of things now gone or how things use to be are at times lacking in availability to us. If you have any pictures of the following (and even of items not of the following too!) that you would be alright with me using on the site (I watermark any pictures by the way with your name, unless you want them watermarked some other way) then please let me know and it would be very appreciated. Please note that pictures (the copyright) must be owned by you in order to submit them to me. Please do not submit other people's photos or pictures found on the internet.
Please note, that by submitting photos and content to us by any means to any of our websites, you are allowing us royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable right to use, modify, display, reproduce, publish, adapt, and create derivative works from the content you sent to us. Additionally we can distribute the content and incorporate the content into other works. You are also stating that any other individuals who hold rights to the content have given you permission to release the above to us.
Several articles on this site could use pictures of items or locations that we are missing. Here are some examples.
On the Muffler Man page we could use pictures of the following current and past Muffler Man:
- The Muffler Man in Carson
- Former pictures of when the Muffler Man in Carson was the Golf Guy
- The Muffler Man in Forestville
- The Muffler Man in Mecca
- The Muffler Man in Sutter Creek
- The Muffler Man in Willits
- Pictures of the Malibu Muffler Man before he became La Salsa Man
- Pictures of the now long gone Muffler Man formerly in Healdsburg
- Pictures of the now long gone Uniroyal Girl formerly in San Diego
- Pictures of the now gone Muffler Man in Vista (who is now in North Carolina)
- Pictures of the now gone Muffler Man in Whittier (now in West Virginia)
On the Doggie Diner page we could use pictures of the following:
- The Doggie Diner Head in Boonville at The Other Place
- The Doggie Diner Head that may exist in Stagecoach Nevada
- The Doggie Diner Heads that may exist in private collections
- Any other Doggie Diner Heads that I don't know about.
- Any historical pictures of the Doggie Diner Heads
- The replica located in the Oakland Museum
On the Giant Orange Stands of California page we could use pictures of the following:
- The Giant Orange in Williams / Colusa area
- Any historical pictures of any of the giant oranges particularly any that currently still exist or Fast Eddies Mammoth Orange.
On the Giant Olives of California page we could use pictures of the following:
- The Giant Olive in Corning
- Older pictures of the Giant Olive in Lindsay before it moved to its current location
On the Pyramid Mausoleums page we could use pictures of the following:
- The Whitney Mausoleum Pyramid in Rocklin
- The two or three pyramid mausoleums in the Rosedale Cemetery in Los Angeles
On the World's Largest Box of Raisins page we could use pictures of the following:
- Better pictures of the World's Largest Box of Raisins
- Pictures of the Sun Maid cut out
- Pictures of the World's Largest California Dancing Raisin in Selma
On the Lone Pine Movie Road page we could use pictures of the following:
- The Mobius Arch
On the Clown of North Hollywood page we could use pictures of the following:
- The Clown lit up at night
On the Carpenteria Genie page we could use pictures of the following:
- The Carpenteria Genie in Reno, Nevada
- The Carpenteria Genie in Cincinnati, Ohio
On the Ghosts of UC Berkeley page we could use pictures of the following:
- Sather Tower's Observation Deck
- The bells of Sather Tower
- If possible, some of the areas in Sather Tower containing the fossils.
- Room 219 in the Faculty Club, both outside and, if possible, inside.
- Hearst Gymnasium
- The basement area of Hearst Gymnasium
On the Programmatic Architecture page we could use pictures of the following:
- Any historical pictures of any of the former Programmatic Architecture buildings
- current pictures of Cafe Jack
- current pictures of what the former Chili Bowls are now
- current pictures of the restored Idle Hour Cafe along with the replica of the Bulldog Cafe on its patio
- former pictures of Tail o' the Pup
On the Maltese Falcon page we could use pictures of the following:
- Sam Spade's apartment building, and if possible the actual apartment located at 891 Post Street Apartment #401
- the lobby of the Flood Building (870 Market Street) and the potential Maltese Falcon located there
- the Dashiell Hammet suite at Hotel Union Square (114 Powell Street)
- the Tosca Cafe in North Beach (242 Columbus Avenue) and the Maltese Falcon located there
- the Metreon Movie Theater (101 4th Street) has a Maltese Falcon in the artwork above the concession stand
On the Claes Oldenburg and Coosje van Bruggen page we could use pictures of the following two sculptures:
- pictures of the sculpture Knife Slicing through Wall in Los Angeles
- pictures of Toppling Ladder with Spilling Paint at Loyola Law School in Los Angeles
On the Giant Chickens page we could use pictures of giant roosters in the following locations:
- Anaheim Packing House - 440 South Anaheim Boulevard, Anaheim, California 92805 (at least two solid white roosters are located here)
- The Farm House Restaurant - 6261 Joshua Palmer Way, Banning, California 92220
- Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant - 8039 Beach Boulevard, Buena Park, California 90620 (Rooster Might Be Gone?)
- Larry's Produce - 4606 Suisun Valley Road, Fairfield, California 94534 (open seasonal, may not have rooster still or have it out)
- Alpine State Highway, Jackson, California 95642
- LA Fresh Poultry - 121 North Virgil Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90004
- Matador Poultry - 7201 South Alameda Street, Los Angeles, California 90001
- Morsy Farm - 6900 South Central Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90001
- Superior Poultry - 750 North Broadway, Los Angeles, California 90032
- Wilson's Feed and Supply - 1700 Yajome Street, Napa, California 94559
- Banducci Road, Tehachapi, California (possibly formerly from Jack Palance's estate)
- Vidal Junction Cafe - Vidal Junction, California 92280 (at least two giant chickens)
On the Sinclair Dinosaurs page we could use pictures of several Sinclair Dinosaurs in the following locations:
- Alpine, California
- Auburn, California
- Campo, California
- Chico, California
- Cloverdale, California
- Fresno, California (four different dinosaurs!)
- Placerville, California
- Williams, California
- Yuba City, California
- Boulder City, Nevada
- Mequite, Nevada
- Verdi, Nevada
On the Alien Trompe-l'Oeil Murals page we could use pictures of the following murals:
- 439 Emerson, Palo Alto
- 3398 El Camino Real, Palo Alto
- And any other murals we might be missing on the page.
On the Auburn Statues page we could use pictures of Dr. Ken Fox's statue:
- In Porterville
On the Giant Shasta Soda Can page we could use pictures of can back when it was done up as other Shasta soda flavors:
- when it was orange flavored
- when it was black cherry flavored
On the Coalinga Iron Zoo page we could use pictures of any of the painted pumpjacks as it turns out we might have missed several. We could also use any historical pictures of now gone painted oil pumpjacks.
Additionally we would love to have pictures of:
- You! - Any picture of you standing near a large fruit, vegetable, animal, etc in California!
- Artwork! - yes any colorful or interesting art work you've drawn featuring California's legends, monsters, and ghosts!
Please send information, pictures, etc, to our or address. Any info or pictures would be wonderful and credit would obviously be given. Thanks. WeirdCa.com reserves the right to not use any submissions.
- Chuck Thornton of Johnson City, Tennessee on 2015-07-10 said:
- Does anyone know the address of where Gunther's Castle Real Estate office was in Hollywood.
1920's I believe.
WeirdCA.com - Gunther Castle Real Estate was a form of Programmatic Architecture in the Los Angeles area. Sadly I do not know what its exact address was. Although we have an old picture of it on the Programmatic Architecture page.
Last Edited: 2018-01-22